Requesting Renewals for Library Materials
Renewing Library items
In order to offer convenience to our users, most items that are not on hold, overdue, billed, or at their maximum renewals will renew automatically. If items do not renew automatically the library will allow a patron to request renewals for most items in the following ways:
- Visiting the library in person with your library card or photo ID;
- Calling the circulation department directly at (630) 924-2750. Patrons are requested to have their library card number, or the barcode(s) of the items they wish to renew;
- Visiting the BPL website at www.mybpl.org, and selecting the “My Account” link at the top of the page. Users will need their library barcode and PIN number to access their account information online.
Usage of library cards is the preferred method for renewals.
Please note: Most library items may be renewed unless:
- There is a hold on a particular item for another patron;
- The item(s) has reached its maximum number of renewals;
- The fine threshold of $5.00 has been exceeded;
- The item material type does not allow renewals (Appendix E).
Renewing Interlibrary Loans
Patrons may request renewals for ILL items borrowed from outside of the SWAN system (OCLC). Items borrowed from outside of the SWAN system are not always renewable and renewals are up to the discretion of the lending library.
Requests for renewals of ILL items must be received prior to the due date written on the item, or the item will not be renewed.