The library has multiple computers available for public use. The Bloomingdale Public Library offers free access to computers and the Internet. Visitors may use their valid Bloomingdale or SWAN library card or they may request a free Internet use pass to access these resources. In addition, the library has laptop checkout available at both desks.
Computer Lab Equipment Offered:
- 14 Lab computers offering MS Office software and high speed Internet access.
- Archive station offering VHS to digital, 35MM slide and film digitization tools
- Full Adobe software suite offered on 1 station
- Black & white and color printing available from all computers. First 50 pages are free every day, after that $0.10/page for B&W and $0.50/page for color.
- 2 Express stations requiring no login available for quick use.
- Accessories like phone chargers and card readers available for in library use
The Bloomingdale Public Library offers both in person and online computer classes taught by Computer Services staff. All classes are free of charge and available to residents and non-residents.
The Bloomingdale Public Library offers this service to patrons needing extra help with a computer project or learning to use new equipment. Patrons can schedule one on one assistance by calling 630.924.2766 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be asked what help is needed and what days and times work with their schedule. Based on the answers to those questions they will be paired up with the Computer Services staff member who best meets their needs. Staff will not perform repairs on equipment or make any changes to settings, they are there to work in an advisory capacity and guide patrons through problems that might otherwise frustrate them. There is no charge for this service.
The library has multiple scanners for public use. Use the Simple Scan touchscreen station to scan and save to a flash drive, email, or fax. The Simple Scan Station comes equipped with a flatbed scanner for books and magazines, as well as a high speed document scanner. You can scan items and save them in several different formats including PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and Word document.
We provide a free wireless network throughout the library. Laptop computers and mobile devices should automatically detect and connect to our network (network name/SSID: Library.Guest).
The library offers 3D print services to the community. For a small fee, we can print your 3D creations. See the 3D Printing page for more details.