This is a part-time non-exempt position (25 hours per week) which will require working a flexible schedule which includes mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends in the Business Office. Morning and Afternoon work will be essential during Board meeting week. Time sensitive duties and task related to preparation of Board meeting documentation is of the highest priority for this position.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent (additional coursework in bookkeeping or accounting preferred).
- Prepares and inputs accounts payable and processing invoices for the Library.
- Prepares records, contracts and documents relating to all Library accounts.
- Prepares time sensitive monthly financial reports, bank reconciliations, statements and annual reports in conjunction with the Library Director.
- Oversees preparation of daily cash-on-hand and posting of daily receipts according to recommended audit procedures.
- Oversees preparation and recording of disbursements and generation of checks and reports.
- Works with the auditor to prepare audits.
- Oversees preparation of year-to-date line-item expenditure reports for Library Director and Department Heads.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of Abila MIP software preferred.
- Ability to perform detailed work with numerical data and to perform computations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to handle sensitive information.
- Meet all monthly deadlines related to preparation of Treasurers Report.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Possess interpersonal skills for working with patrons, vendors, library staff and public.
Two year of related accounting experience in a comparable business, organization, or library.
Starting $24.00/hour DOQ. It includes paid time-off benefits and inclusion in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
Method of application:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
c/o Timothy Jarzemsky, Library Director
Position posted: Thursday, November 16, 2023
Position open until filled
Circulation/Technical Services Assistant
(Full-time, 37.5 hours per week)
This full-time position includes day, evening, and weekend hours in the Circulation/Technical Services Department. Applicants must be able to work Tuesday evenings and 1-2 weekends a month as a regular part of their schedule. Weekends include Saturday and Sunday.
Primary duties include working as a supervisor at our busy public desk including checking materials in and out, accepting payment for bills, assisting patrons with using our self-checks and automated materials handler and working as the departmental person-in-charge in the absence of the Circulation Department and Assistant Department Heads. This position also includes responsibilities in Technical Services including retrieving and editing records for library materials using the OCLC cataloging utility/SirsiDynix Smartport/MARC Listener, entering short bibliographic records for library materials in the database, and editing previously cataloged materials in the database. This position also assists with materials processing, will be assigned weekend/holidays hours to retrieve the external bookdrop when the library is closed and will be trained to staff the library’s Makerspace.
Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, dedication to positive patron interactions, and must be able to adapt quickly and easily to change while maintaining a positive attitude.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with the completion of an LTA certification or bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. 2 years related Circulation or Technical Services experience in a comparable business, organization, or library is required. Bloomingdale is part of the SWAN Consortium and uses SirsiDynix Workflows as the primary ILS; experience with both is highly desirable.
This position reports to the Circulation and Technical Services Department Head and starts at $16.16/hour plus benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and inclusion in the IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund).
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, December 17 at 5:00 p.m.
No phone calls, please.