3D Print Request
Please note: The library's Makerbot printer is currently out of service. Please note that our Dremel 3D printer has a smaller print bed size than our Makerbot printer. Prints may take longer than usual to complete while the Makerbot is down.
Submitting a 3D Print request is done in two parts. You will need to:
1. Complete this submission form.
2. Upload your file to the library's OneDrive account (instructions on the second page).
3D Print Specs
- File types accepted: .stl or .obj
- Print colors: Filament color choices are available on the 3D print request form.
- File names: Before uploading, name your print file as your full name and the color of filament. (Example: John Thompson True Black.stl) If you're submitting multiple files, please number your files. (Example: 01 John Thompson Cool Grey, 02 John Thompson Cool Grey, etc.)
- Maximum size of the object: 10" x 6" x 6.7"
- Maximum print time: 8 hours
- Cost: 50 cents per half hour of printing
- Payment: Cash only
- Pick up and pay for your item at the Adult Reference Desk
- You will not be charged for failed prints
- Prints will be processed in the order that they're received
- Staff will contact you within one week to confirm your file submission, your estimated print cost, and estimated print time.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for prints to be completed